From what my mom told me... I thought gay was.. being drunk and lying in the gutter, all covered with filth...
I had no idea it had anything to do with loving that man o mine...
I do remember the first time I was attracted to the male sex...
I was in the fifth grade.. and for some reason the Captain of the Football team (yes a fifth grade jock) came and said something to me, maybe is was just a simple hello, but I do remember that I was just dazzled by his beauty..
I was just struck by how handsome he was, I had never seen a creature that was as good looking as him... I had never thought that way about anyone before.
Still I never thought anything sexual about it at all, I was incrediably naive...
I think it was about seventh grade that I started to realize that most people looked down on gay people, but I still thought of them as drunks/bums lying in the gutter... I wasn't interested in that myself.
I wondered when I was going to start being attracted to girls - I just assumed I was a late bloomer (I was, but I was a bud from a different flower) It took me a long time to figure it out, (I was real naive) and I still thought men were much more attractive. and I loved looking at those handsome men, but I did know enough to not get caught.
It was while I was in the military that I finally figured it out.
And I am not talking early on either...
I even had guys who hit on me, while in Advanced Military Training (right after basic training) - still I did not have a clue...
Oh, I still thought men were much sexier than woman, and I knew enought to not express that opinion out loud, but I still didn'tknow what "gay" was...
I have to admit that most of the people I knew, had some negative opinion about gays, but I still didnt what gay meant - it not like I felt free to go ask someone what gay people did.
I didn't figure it out until I was going on five years in the Army, I was stationed at
It wasn't until the weekend was over and I was back at Fort Hunter Liggett, that I started to figure things out, you see one of my roommates lived in San Francisco, and he would complain about the gay people, and how much he hated them. that there were so many of them, and on and on...
Finally, I got the idea that I could drive to the city, and spot some for myself.
I drove up to the city and drove around until I found Polk Street, I parked my car and went into a bar called "The Giraffe" and I went in, sat down and had a drink
A guy asked me if I was gay, I said That's what I here to find out
but that's another story
No comments:
Post a Comment